View Single Post
Old
03-19-2004, 11:27 PM
Rectificator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Maybe Julien likes the fact that Dagenais can score? Just a thought. :p

Who would you rather see injected into the lineup when the team is trying to roll four lines?

Juneau is entirely useless. And I don't think I'm being all that hard on him either.

Dackell's play this season leaves a lot to be desired. He's not all that hard on the puck, easily outmuscled, and he hasn't been cutting it in crunch time. Dackell has always been terribly overrated in even strength defensive situations.

Langdon is a warrior. I like the guy. But as an enforcer, if he's on the ice, he will receive even-up calls even if he doesn't deserve them. It's about reputation. So when you're playing a playoff atmosphere game against a highly disciplined team, you don't want to get yourself into any penalty trouble.

Who does that leave?
Juneau useless? Dackell useless? All what you just said about Dackell can be told about Sunny! How about fundamental part of the game?

I don't think there is a big difference between Sundstrom, Juneau or Dackell, both are good defensively, experiency, not fast, not physical, limited offensive skills but Juneau is a center while Sundstrom and Dackell wingers!

The only one reason why Julien inserted Dagenais in the line-up is to give the vets a rest! Dagenais did absoluly nothing positive to hope get a shot in the playoffs, his mediocre performance was probably his last one in a Habs jersey or at least until the vets get ready to come back in good shape for the true season!