View Single Post
Old
10-12-2007, 08:04 PM
braindead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal392511 View Post
For what again? Grazing Tootoo's nose from the blindside? And what are Tootoo's exact lingering injuries from this "hit"?

His hit on Winnik is the exact thing the league is trying to dispose of. Smaller players like Tootoo have to play tough to hang with the big boys here, but jumping at a guys head in that area of the ice is too dangerous to condone. Him saying it was legal makes Pronger's "my elbow is at his head's height" excuse seem completely reasonable.

Now I realize there's past history between our teams (trying to Neely Cheechoo in the first game, Radulov on Bernier) so I want to keep it clean, but boy it's pretty embarassing to see Tootoo go down like that and stay down. I realize he was clotheslined from the blindside and was surprised, maybe, but hurt? His teammates didn't really check up on him while on the ice did they.
This is a particularly interesting post to me since the "lingering injuries" to both Cheechoo and Bernier were in the vicinity of 20 hours and 20 minutes, respectively, and yet Sharks fans reminded us in about 2000 posts that it is an intent to injure, not an actual injury, that is worthy of suspension. It defies logic to suggest that the clothesline was less of an intent to injure than Radulov's leaving his feet on the Bernier hit and only marginally closer on the Hartnell knee, which was a split second reaction as Cheechoo shifted direction). I'd put it squarely into the camp of the Tootoo sucker punch in the Stars game or the Nichol hit-- and like both of those worthy of suspensions.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote