View Single Post
Old
10-13-2007, 11:31 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddehJuS View Post
Because of time given? The talent level is way higher in open hockey then my c2league though the team we played last night had at least 4-5 guys who should have been in the higher league but what can ya do. A friend of mine who watched me play who payed for quite a few years said that I did quite well and hustled but I guess everyone is there own worst critic.
There's a few reasons.

A game is much more organized than open hockey. A good team will actually play a quasi system in a real game. Many teams have been playing together for quite some time so they know each other and how to play with each other. Open hockey is not like this.

When a really good player goes to open hockey he's just screwing around and feels like skating through the whole team and scoring a few goals (or will just try to set everyone up). They don't play with any real organization as there's no real need to. Plus, they aren't trying their hardest either.

Also, time helps you become more comfortable. I always see guys who do pretty well in open hockey but then when they play a game once the puck gets to them they're nervous and don't know what to do with it. It takes time, sometimes it's quick, other times it may take 2 or 3 seasons. Just stick with it.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote