View Single Post
Old
10-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Rem
PbP is what I spit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddehJuS View Post
I tabulated it today and I had about 6 scoring chances compared to my none the first game, so that feels like a genuine improvement on my part. Every game I feel like I'm gaining and learning so much more. For example, on my team I need to hold the puck way longer and look to shoot more so then pass. Just right now, with the skill level on the team, I just can't afford to pass due to the fact that it will be consistently turned over not saying I don't but there is a far less chance of it if I hold onto it. Also, I have good size to me, I need to use it by going into traffic areas and gaining puck possession. But, the team has a bunch of nice guys which makes the experience more enjoyable, though I am the youngest guy on the team by about 7 years or so. Haha.

I really can't wait till my next game. I'm going to get on the statsheet if it kills me! We play a team called the Ice Holes. lol
The next several months are going to be very exciting for you. On the flip side, you may have a few games where you feel crappy. Nevertheless, keep playing hard each time. I started playing almost 2 years ago, and am in my 4th season now, and I'm improving all the time. Some games are better than others, so always keep a positive mind.

KEEP PLAYING PICK UP HOCKEY! Even though its not as competitive as the league games, the lack of pressure is the PERFECT oppurtunity to try new things. Its the best confidence booster, imo.

Have fun! playing hockey is sooooooooooooooooooooo awesome

EDIT: Oh yeah, one more thing. Coming from myself, who is a stats *****, remember that being on the score sheet isn't the only way to help the team. Be a good two way forward, and support your D. Even though back/fore checking doesn't get recorded, its just as important. Support your D. Don't be so 1-dimensional.

Rem is offline   Reply With Quote