View Single Post
Old
10-15-2007, 02:52 PM
stick9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HML View Post
I started playing at 40+ yrs of age and am looking to move up from my ~$25 wooden stick to a moderate priced (ie under $75 on-line) composite OPS. I'd describe my game as "under development" at best. I don't have a wicked shot or anything but a couple folks have told me that a lighter stick would be helpful. In addition to lighter weight, I figure a stick with some "whip" to it will maximize my paltry shot making abilities. There are so many sticks out there, that it's tough to choose. From looking at the various internet shops I see that various Mission models seem to be marked down to the $60 range. The TPS R2 also seems appealing. Thanks.
Honestly, don't bother. At your level you likely won't notice the difference. Besides, sticks in that price range aren't your best performing sticks.

That doesn't mean you have to keep on playing with a wood stick. A good shaft blade combo will offer a increase in performance without a huge dent to your wallet. You'll be able to get lighter stick with more whip to it.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote