View Single Post
Old
03-20-2004, 09:00 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
and it's a brilliant strategy by Sather & Co...continuing to poorly coach a team, continuing to play undisciplined hockey, continuing to play guys like Jagr 20+ minutes per game, etc...leads me to believe that Sather has learned how to lose and Renney is following that game plan.
True 'dat. There's a big difference between coaching a bunch of kids trying hard and coaching the same old useless way the old boss did it. Sather's gone, but what has changed? Top minutes are still distributed to those who are the eldest. 2 of the top 4 players minutes wise are absolutely not coming back here (Messier and Hlavac). Correction, the only way that eithre Messier or Hlavac would be back here is if Sather is still in charge. I could see it now. He announces that Messier will be back for another term as the team captain and Hlavac will be resigned as him, Jagr, and Holik showed good chemistry together. Off course Holik stays on the top line........Good God, I'm starting to depress myself.
Anyway, back to the orignal topic. Renney sucks. Still no discipline. Still the overpassing, even though the easiest thing to do w/ a bunch of kids is to just tell them to get the puck to the blue line for quick wristers and everybody else just go to the net. He still overplays the vets. Messier has been getting between 18 & 20 minutes a night. Meet the new boss...same as the old boss.
Another sign of poor-coaching? Yet ANOTHER too-many men on the ice penalty. Is it just me or do we take those nightlY?