View Single Post
Old
03-20-2004, 11:27 PM
Park #2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger

And being 3rd generation fan, I would say that Ranger fans have been skeptical about the team and especially the various owners since the idiots burned the lease to the Garden in the Stanley Cup back in 1940. I also believe that many fans have been skeptical of Sather since he was named. Sather ranted and raved about about his total automony on hockey matters and his rap about making the organization "younger, faster and stronger" when he came in but his actions since then have only confirmed the fear. I seriously doubt, regardless of what happens the rest of Sather's tenure, that he will ever be welcomed back to MSG the same way Neil Smith was at Richter's retirement ceremony. The way the fans feel about Sather didn't just appear recently and will last a very long time. It wasn't one move that caused it, it was the way he's acted since day one and his moves from that time which have destroyed whatever respectability the organization had before he came.

Just my opinion of course.
I agree with most of what you say... I just said that I am only in NY about 30% of the time. I travel quite a bit. I was actually saying that someone else (think it was "edge"?) probably had a better feeling on the pulse on Ranger fans then I.