View Single Post
Old
10-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I should make it clear that I wasn't advocating Dawes for the actual game time spot (that's another issue/debate, and realistically, for whatever reason, I didn't see it happen). I was suggesting such a move for practice purposes - not really sure what you get out of playing Strudwick on a wing. At least have a guy who has skill and can skate. Heck, Pock's a better option.

And boys, can we stop bickering?

SoS, by the way, I agree that salary "shouldn't" dictate squat. Of course, the reality is you pay a guy a certain amount because there is a specific expectation of that person and an expected role in which you expect that person to play. After time, if it's not working to expectations, a good coach will make adjustments accodringly. Drury was signed to play 18+ minutes per game. That's what he's done in the past, and that's what he should do here unti lhe shows that he's not fit for that kind of role. Playing on a third line, behind Jagr and a second line, is playing him out of a role for which you signed him, and as such, perhaps the money spent should've been spent somewhere else. On a side note, Drury's averaging over 23 minutes per game - wtf? There aren;'t enough forwards on this team who deserve ice time?
I think the problem is the Rangers have played behind often and Drury was centering Jagr...Also...the special teams time on the Rangers (both on the pp and pk) would seem like it's more then he saw with the Sabres...

Fletch Shanny is fine on the 3rd line and I agree his salary doesn't matter when picking the lineup.. (it does when picking the roster for the few who can't understand the difference which is what my issue is with Shanny..)

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote