View Single Post
Old
03-21-2004, 02:40 AM
riz

vCash: 500
Rangers and Young Players....Hmmm...never go well together ?

I'll stay out of the Dube/Malhotra discussion but I can chip in with a little bit of news that was printed in an interview with Henrik Lundqvist once upon a time back in Finland. He was asked if he is planning on going to NY and the NHL as he had been drafted by the Rangers some time ago and was now starting to shine in Sweden. He had learned a thing or two from Johan Holmqvist about the Rangers and their "system" and his comments were that he is in no rush to go over and he is happy playing in Sweden. Now, the interesting part was that one of the reasons for not going to the Rangers org was the first hand info from Holmqvist that "they expect you (a young player) to be a star right away". It just seems so obvious that the Rangers real weakness is developing players. It's not a coincidence that this organization has developed a "reputation" around the league and actually around the "world". One of my favourite quotes on ESPN once was something along the lines of "The Tomas Kloucek Affair is not the name of the new Pierce Brosnan movie, but rather the latest episode of the Rangers mishandling their prospects"

Busy thread, looking forward to your views on the draft and especially the choices we'll make.