View Single Post
Old
03-21-2004, 06:39 AM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by plafleur10
To me the Denis signing has one clear meaning, Habs are trying to prepare their goalie situation for the unavoidable, the eventual trade of Mathieu Garon. Let's face it, the Habs have needs (hello power forward whoever you are) and Garon has been a very distinguished and gracious 2nd fiddle, but will want his shot as #1 somewhere in the near future, if not for next season, for sure in 2005-06.

Among several good news this year is the stellar play of Garon dramatically increasing his trade value, so he will eventually be part of a package to fill a need, wouldn't be the least surprised if it is this coming Summer as his age/low salary/good play combination gives him great current value, but waiting an extra year might be even wiser to allow a decent replacement to develop...
That's a big 10-4 li'l buddy! I think there's a good enough vibe in the camp to keep almost everyone together for a couple of runs at the cup, and I see Garon sticking around for one more kick (even if it's as backup), then he'll be looking for a number 1 spot. Who knows what he'll be worth by then (especially with some playoff experience), and maybe we end up keeping him and trading Theo ( sniff! that was some good stuff!). By then Danis should be a polished prospect!