View Single Post
Old
10-17-2007, 07:34 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
I'm not a fan of Tootoo, and I think his spot on the lineup can be easily replaced.

That said, I think there is definitely a double standard in this league. If you are skilled AND you can hit, well, your just about the best player in the league......media outlets love you......you can do no wrong, etc., etc., etc. However, if you hit hard while residing on the third/fourth line, well then your a scrub that needs to get kicked out of the league.

Take Dion Phaneuf for example. He has delivered some of the nastiest hits the past few years, but is he criticised? No. He is praised. He hits with his shoulder, into the heads of onrushing forwards at least 3-4 times a year, but you do not see people writing essays on why he should be out of the league.

This league doesn't know what it wants to do. It wants hitting to remain, just not to the head, but the rules do not protect the players....it favors the hitters. Until there is a drastic change in the way hitting is approached, these things are fair and legal. Tootoo may be considered a clown by other teams, but there are also 29 other teams in the league that throw hits in the same manner.....don't let their beat writers fool you.