View Single Post
Old
10-17-2007, 08:03 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

vCash: 500
I think there is a big difference between "hitters" and Tootoo. As a fan of another team, obviously I think Tootoo is a guy that crosses the line way to often. The sad thing is that Tootoo is a good hitter. If it stopped there, I think that he would get way more respect around the league. But, he crosses the line into goonery that totally spoils the good aspects of his game.

Often times fans of other teams will call Hordichuk, or Shelley goons. That is not correct. Those two players are "enforcers" who play within the accepted "codes" of enforcers. They serve a purpose, albeit, a somewhat diminished purpose in today's NHL. I think real fans know this and appreciate their efforts. I have seen Darcy lay some hard hits on guys, but they have almost always been good, clean hits. Tootoo, on the other hand runs around acting like a head hunter. That is the distinction I see between those type players.

Anyway, that is why Tootoo is so despised. As soon as he gets on the ice it isn't if, but when will he try to take somebody's head off.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote