Old
03-21-2004, 09:07 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
I was actually not happy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
With Lindros out, Nedved gone and Lundmark being about as useful as a lightbulb in the amish country, who else would you like to throw out there on Center.

The fact that a 43 year old center has more goals than Kovalev, Lindros, Nedved and anyone else not named Jagr or Holik says more about this team than the icetime he is getting.

I dont have a dang thing against him getting his icetime. For all the *****ing and moaning people have done about this guy he's playing better than hundreds of guys in their 20's who can't hit the 20 goal, 40 point mark.

When Lundmark stops sleepwalking out there and Garth Murray is capable of consistently scoring than we can complain about Messier. Sad fact is he's been the second most durable and productive center this season for a team of players who are supposed to be in their primes and couldn't hit the broad side of JD's Fat Rear End.
Messier was tossed out of the game. It seemed like Renney finally put together sensible lines - Green/Lundmark/Balej, Hlavac/Messier/Jagr and Murray/Holik/Lacouture, only to have Messier screw it up. I could just see Renney going back to Holik next to Jagr. Fortunately, he just moved Mike Green up.