View Single Post
Old
03-22-2004, 12:27 AM
2goodtimes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
I am a Habs fan. Considering that we just acquired Danis and already have Halak and Michaud in the system... I figure that Garon is expendable.

He's 26, cheap (1.5M$) and prooving he can be effective no1 level keeper. He is putting up good numbers while being in only his first full NHL season. He deserves to be given a shot next season as a no1 but will never be able to here with Theodore firmly established.

I figure the Kings, Canucks, Rangers and Leafs may all be interested in him. I noticed that someone on this board offered up Palffy as trade bait but he commandsa hefty price tag and not many teams are looking to take on high salaries right now.

I was thinking along the lines of a 1 for 1 deal. A good 24 or under skater or blue chip prospect could do the trick. Looking at the Kings organization, I was think of D.Brown or D.Grebeshkov.

How does Garon for Grebeshkov sound? One for one.

Just how blue chip are you talking? I mean there are lots of shades of blue, but something tells me the shade your talking is a non-tradable asset. Grebs, Frolov, Brown and Gleason are not available in any trade. I would offer up the rights to Aaron Rome for Garon since you are willing to go straight up. Rome plays with more grit to compliment his frame (6'1) and the ability to score, to a limited extent a sign of gaging his offensive awareness- numbers in juniors (SWIFT CURRENT 52GP - 9G - 34A - 43PTS - PIM 154). Check out his profile before you frown on the offer.

2gt