View Single Post
Old
03-22-2004, 10:07 AM
ChannelChanger

vCash: 500
OHL prospect Stefan Ruzicka fizzles in playoffs

The OHL's leading candidate for Rookie of the Year Honours will probably go to Flyer prospect Stafan Ruzicka. Problem is, just when his OHL team the Owen Sound Attack need him most, he seemingly disappears. Two games into the OHL playoffs, two loses for the Attack, but more importantly, 2 no-shows for star player Stefan Ruzicka. He's been a definate non-factor out there, and for the most part is playing uninspired hockey. I'm not saying he's gonna be a bust, but come playoff time, and your a hockey player, your internal clock should start clicking automatically. Stefans hasn't even started. Infact it could all be over before he even get's started. It was so bad on Saturday night, die-hards in my section where cat-calling Ruzicka "get in the game Rosie", "put a little effort into it Rosie". He wouldn't be the first talented Euro who's a wizard durng the regualr season, then totally disappears for the rigerous playoff battles.

This isn't mudslinging on a Flyers propsect. I love watching Ruzicka play, and I know there's been plenty of talk about Carter/Richards/Ruzicka. I just thought I'd give you a heads up on how Ruzicka shows in playoff hockey. I'd bet $100 bucks, the Flyers organization is less than thrilled with his performance in the playoffs so far, it's been that bad.

ChannelChanger