View Single Post
Old
03-22-2004, 11:52 AM
Coffey77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
I'm not sure that I quite understand your question, but I'll try and answer it anyway.

Howard has steadily gotten better. He's very much grace under pressure. He's excellent on his angles and possesses a wicked glove. One of his greatest attributes is his ability to not get rattled and calm no matter how much things get chaotic around him. He shows great poise and concentration (has a mind like a steel trap). He makes opposing shooters work for their goals, so if they're gonna beat him, it's more likely than not that it'll be a fluky or just an unbelievable goal.

I've had a chance to see alot of Howard both last year and this season. Probably the scariest thing about Howard is that I don't think he's played to his full potential yet. As spectacular as he has been this season, he could conceivably be even better. He'll certainly get alot more work next season because his current partner in crime (read that goaltending partner) Frank Doyle graduates this season.

Maine has gotten the #1 seed in the East Regionals in the upcoming Frozen Four Tournament, which starts this coming weekend. Should Maine advance to the semis of the FF and the national title game, you'll be able to see just what I mean about Howard because both games will be on ESPN & ESPN2.
Cool thanks. Looks like he could be a starting NHL goalie. I can't imagine his stats are going to get better in college (even if he improves). I can't see him or anyone having a GAA of less than 1.00

Good to see he has a lot of good attributes. He's also a decent sized goalie right? I read that he's 6'0" 200 pounds. Hehe, he's bigger than most of the Wing forward prospects.

Too bad he got hurt before the World Juniors since I still haven't seen him play yet.