View Single Post
Old
03-22-2004, 01:18 PM
NWT Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Puurula has been hot of late, winning all 4 games with 2 SO's in those playoff games. I think his save % is 97.00% but that's from a Finnish poster and not the HPK page.

Halak and maybe Lindberg will be at the WJC's next year. Halak should be a starter again, and Lindberg could get a look from Team Sweden perhaps as a backup. Halak is the one that impresses me the most of the 2, but I haven't seen Lindberg yet, so tough to really say.
Thanks for the update on Puurula.

As for Halak, I like his upside as well, as he is still very young. I know he got a lot of grief over those "soft" goals against the Czech team at the last WJC, as the first one really seemed to shift momentum in that playoff game. Well, at the same tourney he also stood on his head in all his other games and kept a relatively weak team in the thick of things (a tie against two time defending champs Russia, etc.). At 18, against a lot of older players, he did very well. Halak will continue to get better as he gets more experience at these big international tournaments. He could be a good one down the road.