View Single Post
Old
03-22-2004, 08:25 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
hmm perhaps you are right but maybe the reason messier has had such a long and succesful career is because he protects himself. if lundmark had half of messiers smarts and heart we wouldn't be talking about how big of a bust he is. the fact that you don't respect mark messier as a player speaks volumes about you
Let's rip this one apart one at a time, shall we?

"maybe the reason messier has had such a long and succesful career is because he protects himself."

Perhaps the reason that Marchment has had such a long career is becuase he protects himself by going after other players knees. Spearing is spearing, Glenjar. And if you think that Messier's career turned out the way it did primarily becuase he protects himself, then you know less about hockey then it even seems.

"if lundmark had half of messiers smarts and heart we wouldn't be talking about how big of a bust he is"

Dude, get a friggin' grip here. Who is talking about Lundmark? You really are fixated w/ him, aren't you? Me thinks that Glenjar is protesting too much. Are you trying to cover us some deep-rooted emotions here?

"the fact that you don't respect mark messier as a player speaks volumes about you"

Riiiiiiight. I have no respect for Messier. Where did you get that information from? Just becuase I have certain feelings about him and the organization IN THE PRESENT, does not mean what he was IN THE PAST. Mess is a great player. Personally, he is #4 all time to me (behind TGO, Orr, & Howe, but WAY ahead of Maryo). However, I am of the opinion that the Rangers organization cannot move forward while he is still here. How is that disrespecting him? You better check yourself Glenjar, because you ignorance is showing more and more w/ every post.