View Single Post
Old
03-22-2004, 08:42 PM
Randall Graves*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen
exactly - carolina wont take on sykora's. the only reason carolina is moving oneill is to SAVE salary and get younger. trading oneill for sykora doesnt do that. its a lateral move kind of trade (financially AND talent wise)- which may work for the ducks, who can make another run next year. the canes are rebuilding, a lateral move trade for oneill doesnt fit in the plans. im not saying it isnt approximate value - its just that it only fits into the ducks plans. it would make the canes more skilled and less gritty (debateable if thats improvement)- anyways unless sykora plays left wing (maybe he does) it clogs the right side. the canes need too much help at other positions other than rw. i could see oneill for a lw or a d - and i just think they want younger/cheaper, or they would just keep him. its not like they dont like him.
fwiw, i think the ducks are a good fit for oneill - it wouldnt suprise me if he went there.
I agree with that, I think it would give Carolina more of a sniper who is more of a skill player. Anaheim desperately needs a powerforward because Niedermayer and Leclerc are always hurt.

I think Chistov could be involved in a deal to answer WVUCanes,Bryan Murray wants guys who play physical Calgary Flames type of hockey. While Chistov is very talented I am not so sure he fits into the direction the team wants to go in. To me the only untouchables throughout the entire organization are Fedorov,Carney,Giguere,Lupul,Vishnevski,Getzlaf,Po povic and probably Pahlsson. Anyone else is fair game. I just think a change for these players would benefit them more and I really feel O'neill will some way or another will be dealt in the offseason and I think Bryan Murray will be first in line.