View Single Post
Old
10-24-2007, 12:13 PM
doublejack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
This is the worst Predators team I've ever seen. I've only caught the last couple of games, but I've never seen a worse stretch.

I agree that changes need to be made. And this time, it may start at the head coach. We can pretend that this team has a dearth of offensive talent. But realistically, we have more talent than the '03/'04 season.

This is a team that, for whatever reason, is beaten. It's probably not Trotz' fault. It's probably the oppressive environment surrounding the Predators that has created this situation.

But it might make sense to try to move elsewhere at the coaching position. The hope would be that it would spark the team and create a fresh environment different from the current one.
Obviously I'm an outsider looking in, but I think Trotz is a good coach. I felt all along that the Predators overachieved last season. You had a good team don't get me wrong, but for me the red flag was that you got out shot on a very consistent basis. That's a sign of goaltending bailing out the defense, and you did get excellent play from both Vokoun and Mason.

With the atmosphere that must be hanging around the club and the key subtractions from the roster, I'm not sure a coaching change will have the desired effect. I think like St Louis recently, the ownership situation needs to be resolved before the team will make strides. But still, I would think / hope Trotz can get more out of your players than he has recently.

doublejack is offline   Reply With Quote