View Single Post
Old
03-23-2004, 08:26 AM
Kubera55

vCash: 500
Put me down as very interested in the Barker/Ladd combo. I wonder if TOR's pick and one of the 2nd rounders would be enough to move in for a 2nd top ten pick? Probably take a bit more, but worth exploring.

Part of what concerns me about the Rangers prospect depth is that they really have no size up front (other than Jessiman). Most of the bigger forwards (Falardeau, Jonasen, Stals, Giroux, Kosak, G.Moore) project as depth/role guys who'll make their livings on the 3rd and 4th lines. Almost all of the skills 'top six' type of guys (Lundmark, Balej, Immonen, D.Moore, Dawes, Prucha, Marek, Roche) are either small, or play a small man's game.

Getting 1 or 2 legitimate top six forwards with a power game out of this draft would be huge. And from what I've read, Ladd would be a terrific choice in the bottom half of the top 10. Just not sure if he's top five material . . .

One guy I'm very curious about is Schremp. Has anyone actually seen him play? The scouting articles I've found on him are simply amazing . . . I'm curious if he's really that good. I'm not saying I'd draft him, but Sather can never resist a project. If Schremp's ceiling is really as high as people say, then I'd expect Sather to take him if he's available (and Ovechkin's not).