View Single Post
Old
03-23-2004, 11:32 AM
doublejack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by winged wheel
After two years, Cujo's contract will be up (I think there's an option in there) and he'll be pretty old by then.
Yes there is an option on Cujo's contract. The wings either have to win the cup this year or next, or make it to the finals both years for the option to become activated. But none of that should matter really. This is way off the thread topic but I think it's very likely this is Cujo's last season. With his recurring ankle injury and advancing age, and the looming CBA situation, I don't see him playing beyond this year. Especially if the wings win the cup. Maybe if there is no lockout he'll be back for another year but that really will be it.

If Howard has another season like this one I wouldn't mind him leaving college a year early, hypothetically when Cujo retires. If there's one position where someone can make an impact at a young age it's the netminder. Plus he'd have nothing left to prove with back-to-back dominant years like that. I know Liv is another highly touted goalie prospect but Howard's numbers are just sick.