View Single Post
Old
10-26-2007, 12:27 AM
braindead

vCash: 500
Views from the game tonight:

First, I thought we had won the cup when Smithson scored the way the guys celebrated. They buzzed the net for much of the first period and led SOG by a huge margin-- making it the perfect time to give up a goal and fall into a funk (see Ducks, Sharks). Instead, they scored!

Klein and Koistenen both in and Zids out. We didn't suffer and it adds credence to the argument that Zids is a luxury we can't afford, at least when Shea gets back. Klein's skate down the ice on the Tootoo goal was better than any I've seen from Zids all year.

Suter had less brain cramps tonight (still had a couple) and made some solid plays. He was strong in front of the net at times tonight during the PK-- would love to see more of it. Hamhuis had a good game and we need more of that from him as well.

Our forecheck seemed much better tonight. Our patience in working the puck up the ice was better tonight.

We did give up some solid scoring chances that we had some lucky bounces save us on. We are lucky Kovy didn't score b/c we only barely contained him on a few occasions-- he is like Rads plus top flight skating. Imagine if Rads could outskate everyone on the ice

I don't think Ellis was a 1st Star tonight but won it by default. He was solid, moved ok, froze the puck well, moved it well and generally played a safe game.

Erat hustled like a fire had been lit under him, although he wasn't rewarded. Ortmeyer looked more like what I expected tonight. This still didn't look/feel like a creative, well-oiled machine but it certainly looked structured and hard working.

I wouldn't say we looked fantastic but it was a solid performance. I will say that they didn't sit on the lead in the 3rd and seemed to be getting stronger as Atlanta opened up.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote