View Single Post
Old
10-26-2007, 08:11 AM
handtrick

vCash: 500
Amazing what a win can do for the psyche.....you could almost hear the sigh of relief of the building and the bench when Smithson punched in that first goal.

I wanted to emphasize the play that Tootoo made on his goal.....not to punch it in, but to let the pass go through him to Klein as he was heading across ice.....that displayed a level of hockey sense that I had never seen before in him. Klein with a highlight reel step up and move on Exelby. His stock jumped in my mind seeing that.....that isa dimension of his game that I always questioned whether he had or not.....we have always known he was a gifted skater, but when he can add a puckhandling display like that, and the good read of when to jump up, it makes me think that we want to be holding on to him when desicion time comes when Weber comes back.

The Benching of Zids was so right on so many different levels. It is no coincidence that we had an impeccably responsible game when he was scratched. It also sent a message loud and clear to the rest of the dcorp.
I think Trotz will play him against Florida, but I would have to go with the dcorp from last night again on Saturday.

One of the things that I was most pleased about was how we played the 3rd period....we stayed aggressively in their zone, and didn't play a "prvent defense."

It was nice to see ellis be so solid last night. I even saw that he flipped a puck to the ref out of his glove by bouncing it off his biceps like you did with a tennis or baseball when you were a kid.....there had to be a certain swagger inside to do something like that, and I am sure the guys fed off his poise.
Certainly a dilemma who to start against Florida, but I would bet that he comes back with Mason....as Ellis so graciously said, "We gotta get Mason going again." If Mason comes out and lays an egg.....then we have a real goalie controversy in the short term.

As good as this game feels......Atlanta looked like we did against LAK.....no energy....no desires to win the one on one battles....I want to see us sustain the same effort against vokoun and the Panthers.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote