View Single Post
Old
03-23-2004, 08:11 PM
NYR2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetchie
Ovechkin is faster than Kovalchuk, in my mind. I've seen clips and he looks BLINDING fast. However, he doesn't look as powerful as Ilya. Kovalchuk is almost 230 pounds! He's a big man, even though he looks like he's 5'11" 190, he's really 6'2", 225ish.

Ovechkin is close in size (6'+ and a little over 200 lbs) but what amazes me about him is his speed. He looks like he's in another gear all the time. I haven't seen a guy this fast out of his draft year since Paul Kariya. Also, he's better in his own zone and more of an all-around offensive player than Kovalchuk -- who to me, is a pure sniper and thinks to shoot first ALL the time.

Long term, I think Kovalchuk is going to be better. Just my opinion...

Just to add something to that, during pre game Sam, Al and JD were talking about Ovechkin and I think it was Sam that said Ovechkin is better than Kovalchuk and will be better than him.

To me it doesn't matter if he's better than Ilya or not because he's obviously going to be a great player by the way people are raving about him, but I just want the Rangers to get him so damn bad. I mean, for ONCE let us be the lucky ones.