View Single Post
Old
03-23-2004, 09:59 PM
Canadienne

vCash: 500
Not to take anything away from any other player, but I believe that Ryder would be a very valuable asset for Team Canada. Yes, certainly we will have plenty of scorers but, as we've seen, pure scorers have been and can be neutralised on any given night. If such a situation developed, who do we fall back upon - offensive-minded defensemen or young, hard-working forwards with an instinct for the net and one of the best wrist-shots since Joe Sakic? We should be prepared for all instances. No, Ryder may not be the greatest offensive threat we could field but he has become, for all intents and purposes, Montreal's secret weapon this season... and I believe that he could play a significant role, just the same as determined leaders-through-hard-work players such as Madden, or Maltby do for their teams. Every team needs this kind of player, just as much as they need scorers, checkers, defence and goaltending. I think there is more than enough room on our team for Ryder and Nash... and any other young turk aswell.