View Single Post
Old
03-24-2004, 12:50 AM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
These guys are still young. No way we should give up on them, unless a deal for a star comes along.

If you look at Brisebois and Hainsey, there isn't much difference between the two of them as far as styles go. I would hope that Hainsey does not have problems with the puck in his own end like Brisebois has in his career though and that Hainsey would have a bit more offensive upside. With the other physical guys on our defense, Hainsey could be a nice puck mover for us. He might have to move to the right side tho. I forget who said it, I think it was Darren Pang, but he said a good defense needs to have at least 4 guys who can move the puck well (especially with the fast, skilled team we are building) and right now by my count we really only have two guys who can be counted on consistently, but Bouillon is turning into a nice puck-mover.

Hossa is less tough, but more skilled than Ponikarovsky and look at what he's doing in Toronto. We should just wait I think. Hossa can be a nice player for us and give us some options for trades if we develop him ourself (he will be a more valuable commodity that way). Not that we would necessarily trade him, but if he pans out, somebody else could be dealt perhaps to fill in any holes we will have.