View Single Post
Old
03-24-2004, 08:34 AM
BJCOLLINS

vCash: 500
It's a good thing we didn't judge M Ryder so hard when he was that age or even when he was in the ECHL. Can you imagine the out cry if Ryder was traded because he was young and trying to find his game. Everyone talks about Hainsey's attitude. I remember when Chris Chelios came to town....WOW....talk about a royal pain in the ass, he was so full of himself that he took up 2 seats on the bus.
I think we need to have a little more patience with these guys. Hainsey more than Hossa needs to mature, everyone here knows that it takes some D-men a little longer to develope. Hossa has some HUGE skates to follow. While some people don't expect him to produce like his brother, others do, it's got to be hard on him always playing second fiddle or trying to live up to unreal expectations.
In the regular season I would rather have Hainsey as a 6th D and Hossa as a 4th line winger than the the guys we have there now. We are not going to get 2-1st rounders back in any trade we make for these 2-1st round guys.