View Single Post
Old
10-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
I know, I guess I just have a soft spot left for Vokoun.

Did you guys listen to the wrap up show? What do you think of the line "We gave Vokoun the goalie chant out of respect."?

Then a guy called in and said that he was disappointed that 303 chanted at Vokoun citing, "without Tomas Vokoun we would have no real franchise to even speak of."
Meh.

I think it would have been wrong not to chant his name. Of course he doesn't suck. I think everyone is grateful for what he did for us. However, he's now a goalie on another team.

We gave him a standing ovation during the first TV timeout and a video tribute. Had people booed him or not clapped or whatever, that would have been disgraceful.

I don't think Vokoun is going to walk away from that game thinking, wow they don't really like me there. He acknowledged everyone during the video tribute.

Those people calling in in disgust over his name being chanted are the same ones who complain about every little thing. They were probably the same people last year calling in to complain that Chris Mason wasn't playing enough and will complain whenever we play Chris Mason again.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote