View Single Post
Old
03-24-2004, 02:27 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
'04 draft, 3rd-4th round

I've been keeping an eye on where we will pick at the draft this year, and as of today we are in 20th, and can fall only 2 spots outside of a trade or the team falling apart, as I can'ts see the Isles catching us so I didn't count them although they could.

We have 90 pts, Nucks have 89, Flames 86 pts. Those 2 teams I'm rooting for to win, in case we lose a couple. So for the draft outside a trade, it looks like will draft anywhere from 18th to 30th . But most likely it will be right around 20th, which can land us a very good prospect, imo.

But we don't pick again till the 3rd round. But that's where it gets interesting cause we also have the Sharks 3rd and they are at 23rd for now, so their pick will be right around ours. Then add the Hawks 4th round pick, (since I believe it's our 4th that went to the Wild for Dowd, not the Hawks 4th, a difference of about 16 or so spots). So the 3rd round could look like us picking 80th, 83rd, and 94th. I'd like to see Gainey package these picks to get a 2nd rounder, but if not we still can get some interesting picks.

I've seen a good number of the '04 prospects, so I guess I'm getting ahead of myself since the draft is 3 months away. So root of the Hawks and Sharks to lose every game!