Thread: Destroyed?
View Single Post
Old
10-29-2007, 03:58 PM
sc37

vCash: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy G Biv View Post
Anyone ever just get ****ing pancaked in a game? Like seriously demolished?

I did yesterday night. It's a non-contact league, but guys will often passively play the body, which is fine.

So my D-man is looking for an outlet, and I head up ice while looking back at him. He then feathers a perfect suicide-pass, and just as I reach out to snag it, I realize the opposing D-man is just standing still at his blue-line. My head went straight into his chest (he was huge) and I just compressed like a slinky and hit the ground. It was like running into a wall.

The funny thing about getting smoked: I never feel any pain and jump right back up. The only thing going through my mind is "Wow, that must have looked ridiculous" and I have this weird need to see a replay. I could hear the players on the ice let out an "ohhh" as I got nailed, so I'm sure it looked great.

Today I have a strained neck, stiff back, and a huge bruise on my forehead.
That happened to me once....I got smoked and the ref even commented on my head bouncing like a basketball when I hit. But I felt fine after that collision.

But last night I got nailed pretty bad. It's ironic cause in the lockerroom we all were talking about Bergeron getting hit from behind at a bad angle...and what happens to me? I get hit at a funny angle. Granted it is a no checking league, but we were playing the goons of the division last night. I was leaning in on a poke check to try to get the puck out of our zone, so my head was near the other dudes hip/elbow area. And what does the guy crashing the zone do? Throws his body into me and my head gets smushed into the boards. I felt fine right afterwards, but it was after the game when I was driving home I realized I was confused. I remember seeing myself getting set up to be crushed, but don't remember the hit and only remember having my chincup all up in my face lying on the ice and then talking to the ref after I got up cause he had my stick for some reason....I don't recall ever letting my stick go.

I get home, eat some food and then I start feelin' like Capt'n Jack Sparrow so that was interesting. I feel a bit fuzzy today, but I'm holding off the doctor's office for another day cause idk if it's just a case of the Mondays or if it was the hit.

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote