View Single Post
Old
10-30-2007, 12:20 PM
stick9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystoopid View Post
So I currently am using a Vapor XXX that had the blade broken off so it now has an Easton Z-Carbon CNT blade. At first, my shot was amazing with the new blade. I could lift my slapshot with ease and keep it low when I wanted to. Now, I'm not going to use the slapshot as much as a wrist shot or snap shot during a game, but I still want to keep it decent.
Now, when I take a snapshot with the stick it goes way high and it is wobbly. I don't know if it's me or the stick, but I'm guessing it is just me.
Does anyone have recommendations for a stick with a good balance of a wrist, snap, and slapshot? My XXX gave me a great wrist/snap shot but not as good of a slapshot.
I was looking into a Bauer One90, but it seems to be more of a defenseman's stick. I like the idea of a powerful stick, but I'm more interested in getting off a quick shot on net. I have always been a fan of the Warrior line, but I've never had one before and I'm not sure of which one to get. I was also considering the Vapor XXXX, but I want to try something new.
Realistically speaking, when you shop for an OPS you should be shopping for a blade. Nothing will make you hate a stick more then the wrong curve or lie. Find a pattern you like and a lie that works for you and go with it.

When I look at sticks now. I walk along the rack looking at the blades, not the shaft or the name on it. As much as I like the Warrior sticks I own. The blade (Smyth pattern) didn't do much for my game. The face angle and lie didn't really work for me.

Right now I'm using a Vapor XXX-lite tapered shaft and a Warrior Draper blade and I couldn't be happier. I still have plenty of pop on my shots...possibly more and I'm not fighting to get the puck up to the top half of the net. The change in pattern gave me wrist shot back. Something the big toe hook, closed face, and bad lie took away.

IMO the right blade can make or break a stick, no pun intended.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote