View Single Post
Old
10-31-2007, 06:40 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMom9900 View Post
I know its lame that i gotta come into an internet forum and ask some members for support that dont even know me. But i really love the game of hockey.and just recently i moved from florida(lack of rinks) to D.C. where there is the capitals practice rink 1 mile from where i live. Now i've gone their a few to practice skating cuase i maybe want to one day join a rec league or something to the extent of that. Thing is im debating whether or not to pursue this goal of getting good enuff, buying all the gear to pursue a low lvl playing hockey league. When i tell myself that im gonna sign up for Learn to Skate lessons, the little voice in my head just tells me its a waste of money and its "gay" for a 21 year old dude to receive skating lessons. for lack of ice time i wouldnt say im "bad" on skates, i could definately use the lessons, but what i need from you guys is to tell me if i should invest my time and money into this. Is the transition from first time ice skating to getting decent on skates long or quick? what is the skill of the lowest organized league i can get into...what did most of u guys do when u first started to learn how to skate at a late age (21+) Thanks!
I learned at 31! Just do it. You're lucky you live so close. When I move back the wife and I will be trying to get a place in Ballston!

Though I can't complain cause I love the beach cities in LA and am only about 5 miles from the Kings practice center.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote