View Single Post
Old
03-25-2004, 09:15 AM
tytech

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
You obviously take the word Destiny and turn it into some Magical word that means some chessmaster is playing his pawns on a board. I think you've been watching too many Neverending Story movies. If we are destined to win, we will, just as if i were to say that Jersey was destined to win last year, because they did hence it being their destiny. What part of this is giving you convulsions? And get something straight, I only smoke my fattys before I play my video games, not before I post. And by the way, you're the one everyone is laughing at, not me.

destiny

n 1: an event (or course of events) that will inevitably happen in the future
I didn't think anyone was laughing at me, just at what I write. Like I said, obviously they take things wrong if one guy says I don't know hockey, I call everyone junior, I always think I am right etc. If they clicked my name and saw my posts I would say I'm opinionated and comical at times but more often that not I share the same opinions as Flyer fans do. That is a far cry from what was said. I just found the whole destiny approach to things funny. Here we were arguing what teams would be better to face (Jersey/Montreal) and out of nowhere you come in with an inspirational and motivational speech about destiny and it not mattering who you face. That is obviously wrong. If we didn't play Toronto last year and played Washington first we might have beaten Ottawa. Not for sure, but maybe and MOST definitely a better chance then after TO. That's all I was saying and it was all blown way out of proportion. Like I said it matters a great deal in who you face to get to the finals. It is proven by the simple fact that there is a race for seeding each and every year. This year it's first to be able to play the Isles instead of Jeresy or Montreal. If destiny was in the hearts and minds of all the fans, players and coaches then there would be only a simple race to make the playoffs. The rest from that point would fall into the all so mighty hands of destiny. Come on, it's funny stuff.