View Single Post
Old
03-25-2004, 12:22 PM
Park #2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Blue
Amazing? Thank you

Sorry Park, that was probably mean but I'm sick of Mark Messier. I was sick of him last year, I was sick of him the year before. AND I got totally sick of him when he reacted the way he did with Leetch being traded. Leetch took it like a pro, Mess wihned and cried and let it be known he wouldn't take a trade. Then he starts babbling about he was only here to win a cup and to play with Leetch. He wasn't concerned about the Rangers, he was concerned with Mark Messier.
Well, I understand if your criticize him for the reaction at the deadline. However, Leetch has done more *****ing in two weeks in Toronto then Messier has in 5 years in NY. Leetch has only really talked to a couple reporters about his feelings, but to other "hockey people" he has really been whining. It surprises me, because I would have guessed the thrill at chasing another cup would have outweighed the poor way that Sather handled his trade. I suspect he might really unload on the NYR (specifically Sather) this summer.

I just think Messier was the biggest reason why the Rangers even have the '94 cup to their credit. He delivered in a way that most players that have come to the NYR since 1940 never were able to. In addition, he is one of the greatest to ever play the game. I would hope that all fans recognize that, specifically the ones whom he delivered the most for.