View Single Post
Old
11-03-2007, 08:34 AM
AdsSabresRule

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post

There is no coincidence tonight that Mason failed to don the headset for the backup's standard chat with Pete and Terri in the 3rd period. His last couple out there were very forced, and no doubt he is mad as h3ll that he didn't get the start tonight in front of all his family, near his hometown, on the back of a back-to-back. He probably said he didn't want to go on the air tonight, as he knows it would show that he is frustrated right now, and that isn't the best to be displayed in public for the team. Gone are the days of the Vokoun/Mason collegiality. You can tell that at the end of the game congratulations....that Mason gives Ellis the obligatory congrats...but no skating off together....no chatting afterwards, etc.
It is time for Mason to get mad instead of frustrated and earn the position back. In my mind [and I would be most of the locker room as well] Ellis has become the defacto #1, even if the label is not given to him, for the short term. There is no denying he has earned it, plain and simple. They should ride him until he shows he can't handle it...then Mason can have his chance again.
Well, Mason is gonna be in a funk for awhile, cause' when Ellis is hot, he's hot. The only thing with him is that he has been starting behind Marty when he was on the farm in Iowa, and it had to be seen if he could handle the NHL. He is total ice out there and I was amazed at how he just makes really stone cold saves on guys. He went like 6 - 1 against the Ads I think last year...He's good. But, if he starts to crack, I guess you have to see how he handles that pressure...

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote