Thread: Stick Help
View Single Post
Old
11-05-2007, 10:31 AM
sc37

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by kac1 View Post
great advice..thanks a lot. I was thinking about getting the Synergy 200 with the Sakic curve in intermediate. I am just worried about the flex (65). I am only about
5'5" so I don't think I should go with the senior stick with 95 flex. Correct me if I am wrong.
You are correct if the heel is wearing out more, then you'd want a lower lie. Lindros is a 6 I do believe.

Sakic is a nice curve, it is open so you will get some good lift out of it (but don't use it as a crutch though). There isn't one curve that is conductive to anything as long as you got the skills...but you can always get a wood stick with that curve and re-curve it to however you like if you find it too open, etc and then use that as template whenever you go shopping for a nicer stick or new blade.

And flex, though it's not the end all solution, but take your weight and divide it in half and you'll get a flex you might want to try...but like I say it's not the perfect solution as some ppl might prefer something even flexier or a tad stiffer. I mean, I think Brett Hull was using something like a 65 or 70. Keep in mind, that if you hack off the top of the stick you add flex and change the lie too. 1 inch adds up to like 4 flex I believe.

And skip the Synergy 200, it's about as heavy as a wood stick...maybe even heavier than a nice wood stick like a one60.

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote