03-26-2004, 01:36 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upchuck19
Name GP G A PTS +/- PIM PPG SHG PPG PIMPG

2 Shea Weber 60 12 20 32 23 126 8 0 0.53 2.10
126 penalty minutes in 60 games is very disaplined for how physical a defenseman Shea is. Weber deffinatly hits like Scott Stevens, clean within the rules, but he has layed some guys out that you thought they were dead.

We were all looking forward to Shea being in Kelowna next year and would be a Man amung Boys as a 19 yr old. I think right before Weber got that bad concussion, one of the Pred scouts was at the game and thought Shea could make the Preds next year. This scout was concerned with the physical toughness on the preds backend and Weber could fill that role, even as a 19 yr old. If there is a NHL next year. I would guess if the NHL is not locked out in September Shea might have a shot of making the Preds. If there is a lockout, Shea would spend the year in junior for another year.
i think weber could definitely play for the Admirals next year, but making the Preds is a bit of a stretch. Who knows, though. Like you said, with a lockout, no one knows what will happen. I'm excited about Shea as a prospect, though.