View Single Post
Old
03-26-2004, 03:25 AM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak
Man, I would hate to see some of your reactions next year when the team plays like it's playing now. Rebuilding takes time. We won't make the playoffs next year or any time soon barring a miracle if we really are rebuilding.

And making the playoffs so soon would be counterproductive unless you think we have the building blocks in place right now. It's a lot harder to nab big-time talent when you're drafting in the 15-20 range. And we do need some big-time talent in this organization. Even in 3/4 of our current prospects turn out (and that's optimism bordering on insanity), I still wouldn't be sure if we had the horses to win the race down the road.
for me personally, i dont expect the team to win but i think they could at least compete with an upgrade in net.

i for one am enjoying watching this team right now. As i've always said, i can stand losing if i can see positives coming out of it. Those positives are kids getting a shot, getting confidence and hopefully making impressions.

i'll take this team, current losing streak and all over any of those teams from the past 7 years.

for me this is christmas and what this should have done in 1998 or 1999.