View Single Post
Old
03-26-2004, 08:46 AM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyers8
I was just thinking about that myself. They have way too many days between games and after the Rangers game we have playoff teams (MON, OTT and NYI). We need to win those games, period. Losing them could send us down to the 6th or 7th seed. We didn't work all season just to lost it all in the final week of the regular season. Regular season is too long or the scheduling needs to be done better.

I agree. Esche has done great this year but like clockwork the minute something bad happens, everyone can't wait to badmouth Esche. All goalies have bad games and so what if we got beat by a rookie goalie. I seem to remember that earlier our rookie goalie beat the Vezina Winner of last year, Martin Brodeur and beat him soundly. It's not the best time for Esche to have a bad game but I'm not ready to push the panic button yet. Everyone else out on the ice didn't help him out. Joni is getting beat like he stole something, no other line besides Zeus tried to generate offense, too many stupid penalties and too many stupid decisions to pass. Here's a new idea boys, trying to going to the net and shooting, you may actually score. The fans need to be behind them as well. Support the team, it helps them during the game.
Is this your first year watching the Flyers ???? I have watched for 29 years and when our goalie lets 3 goals from outside the Blueline in 3 games, You God Damn right we better be nervous. Whether or not he beat Brodeur, the Dev's know that they don't have to worry about Marty letting goals in from the Red Line !!!! Esche is a good goalie, and so is Burke ( Even though you all hate him ), So whoever is in net, we better pray and hope for goaltending, just like every other year !!!!!!