View Single Post
Old
11-06-2007, 01:39 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
I think they can use a big winger either LW or RW, in the power forward mold. we have alot of big wingers but they are in the grinder mold.
I agree with you.

Natrually, you pick the BPA. But, when making that list, we should focus on that type of player. If a small, dippsy doddler, that we got 2nd overall on our list is available at 25th overall, you take him.

But we have built this team from defense and out the last couple of years, no doubt about it. We started in goal, and then adressed defense. We also focused on energy players that are great fits in our system with later picks. So we are really set in goal, on defense, and on complimentary players. With complimentary players I mean guys who aren't go-to players on their line, like a Dawes, Prucha, Callahan, Pyatt, Korpikoski among others. Like, you don't build a 2nd/3rd line around a Prucha and Callahan, but they are good at making such a line work. They cover allot of ice, are verstaile and always work hard.

What we need the most is prospects with "Franchise" potential, but if thoose aren't out there when you pick, you can't "create" them. A powerforward is just as likely to develop into a franchise player, as a extremely skilled, but otherwise flawed player.

On our depth chart we look pretty good at LW (Prucha, Dawes, Korpikoski, Byers, Pyatt), at center (Drury, Gomez, Anisimov and Dubinsky), at defense and in goal. At RW we got Cherepanov and Bourret for a finesse role more or less, and Callahan, Jessiman and Moore for the depth lines. But, I think none of them really fit the protocol for how a RW should look in our system. We lack that. What really could use is a Shan Doan type of RW. Someone with alittle bit more size then Callahan. Someone who is a bit more of a PF, and with mroe intensity then Moore.

I don't really know any of the players in this years draft. But if the core info involves "6'2", "RW" and the "WHL"; I am interested!