View Single Post
Old
11-07-2007, 08:40 AM
Nizdizzle
The Shanaplan.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WORDMARK View Post
So this is a big sports psychology question I have been struggling with for some time.

I have played a heap of sports, but in each one, particulary in team sports, I find I become more of a passive player than an active one. Its like I become Woody Allen, with a million thoughts running through my mind and with little action to follow it.

For example, in a defensive situation, I know where I am meant to be, but instead of being there I am thinking of being there and just end up watching the play instead. It reminds me of that scene in the Matrix where Neo and Morpheus are sparring and Morpheus says "stop trying to hit me and hit me!"

Its the kind of feeling a player gets when they aren't experienced, but even in games that I have played and have been comfortable with for years (such as rugby) it can still happen to me.

I just want to blank my mind, pull my finger out and get the friggin play done.

Has anyone else had this sort of persistent problem? And if so, what have you done to alleviate it?

Honestly, it just sounds to me like the game hasn't slowed down enough to you, which is usually due to inexperience, but you say that this happens in sports you've played for years too? Well, not sure what to say but tough luck

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote