View Single Post
Old
03-26-2004, 05:54 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Dunbinsky is a kid who lacks size, makes defensive mistakes and has a lot of work to do. BUT he also has a high offensive upside and a good set of skills.

I put Dubinsky at 20 mainly because i think that IF he progresses and puts it all together, he could be a steal for the team that nabs him.

Having said that, he could go anywhere from round 2 through 5 or 6.

Like Dawes he is fighting an uphill battle, but he has a shot at making.

Dawes was also in a "deeper" draft. If last years draft were percieved like this, he probably would have been a third rounder which is around where I expect Dubinsky to go.

As for Ladd, he came out of nowhere. He was a part of a trade last season and didn't get alot of attention. He came in this year and never stopped working.

He has a good set of skills and his hard work makes them even better.

The thing that impressed me was his willingness to pay the price. I can't emphasize that enough about this draft class. Too many of these kids do not want to pay for their points and that seriously worries me. They simply aren't going to get away with the same stuff in the pro game. That's one reason why I like Ladd. He doesnt have the natural ability of some of these guys, but in the end he could very well be the better pro player.