Thread: Stick Help
View Single Post
Old
11-08-2007, 10:39 AM
vexXed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopProspect91 View Post
Sakic is a great curve if you want/have a great wrist shot. Very big curve on it. Very similar to the Naslund curve. Again, great for stick handling and shooting wrist shots. Won't get much of a slapshot with it, however...
I found that the Sakic, especially for a beginning player is harder to stickhandle with than say a more closed blade with not as much curve. I have the Sakic and Datsuk curves, and the Datsuk is brilliant for stickhandling. However, it isn't as good for shooting either slap shots or wristers.

The Sakic on the other hand is just a rocket launcher. You can feel the snap of the puck propelling off your blade when taking a slap shot - I beat goalies just on pure brute force with the blade. Wristers are also very good and when you roll your wrists you can feel the flick to get that extra power to the shot.

I guess it all comes down to what style you see yourself sticking to. A pure goal scorer would want the Sakic curve whereas a playmaker would want a Datsuk / Recchi curve. Don't be afraid to try out different blades to see what you like.

vexXed is offline   Reply With Quote