Thread: Better moment
View Single Post
Old
03-27-2004, 03:38 AM
tritone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
I really liked the Richard moment... Koivu is a VERY close second though... Maurice Richard was the living embodiment of the city of Montreal (some may argue Quebec) while he lived... To see him even as an old man, come out, wearing le numero neuf et bleu-blanc et rouge stuck the hairs out of my neck. That was the day he became my favourite Legend of All Time. I mean, I would look at the pictures, and see a man who had fire in his eyes, doing things that were unheard of in his day (50 in 50 was darn near impossible when he did it)... As much as I like Koivu... Richard was bar none the greatest Hab that EVER lived. Because he was Montreal. If Yankee Stadium is the 'House That Babe Built', the Forum was the 'House that the Rocket Built'... Bar none the most influential hab that ever existed (and that's not a knock on anyone who wore the jersey).

Koivu's return was awesome I still remember the chants (SA-KU SA-KU!! ) and furthermore, he proved that his headshot belongs on that wall when he retires... He has also been a hab great over the years... I would love to see him make a couple of cup runs because he simply deserves it. But the day he returned to us, was a GREAT day for our franchise...

The thing is, Richard represents the Glory... what does he have? 8 Cup rings, and 5 he Captained himself...

Koivu represents the return to glory, due to his tenacity, and spirit instilled in him...

Both guys are Legends who deserve all praise they get from our fans/city. They are our favourite sons, and cut from the same cloth... The Rocket created the myth that is Montreal... Saku IMO will be the one that returns us to Hockey glory.
Great post! I wish I had seen Rocket play. Maybe I would have felt as intense as when Koivu returned.