View Single Post
Old
03-27-2004, 11:09 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
i think the rangers should sign a UFA free agent to play defense. I'm not talking pronger or lidstrom although that would be fantastic. Lampman has looked ok but lets face it he isn't ready to be a full time NHL defenseman. He should be getting monster minutes in hartford next season not 3rd pair minutes in new york.

I think if the right poti deal came along the rangers would make it. But for everybody that kills poti remember this. on a team that has given up a ton of goals this season he is a minus-1.

Honestly its funny for people to assume sather is just going to stop rebuilding. i have faith in mr sather to do the right thing with the coaching staff in with the future of the team.

i just hope he doesn't overpay for guys like umberger and set a bad example for the other young prospects that are going to sign here. The time of the blank check is over. You need to earn it now. Brian Burke had the same problem with Lawton and Umberger but damn that sather because he signed karpa to a bad contract so he has to sign umberger to a bad contract.