View Single Post
Old
03-27-2004, 10:46 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500
you seem to think that the level of competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker
I gotta say I disagree, He's not going to get any better playing in the ECAC. If it was WCHA or CCHA or even Hockey East, MAYBE. I think if HJ wants to play in the NHL, he needs to sign acontract, and get himself to Hartford, where he can learn the pro-game.

The ECAC is going to do nothing for him.

is going to determine his pace for development in the College Ranks when it's not true.

College is a learning league and if there's a deficency in his game, the coaching staff will work on that. The fact that you practice more than you actually play games is going to do more for him than playing in the AHL.

The problem for him going into a competitive situation such as the AHL is that his game's weakness will be exposed. Since he's a hugh guy, and we all know from experience that they take a bit longer to find their own game, let's allow him the opportunity to learn to shore up his weaknesses and become an overall better player. He'll be better off at College (regardless the team) for at least another year and then another 1 maybe 2 in Hartford depending on where he is in his development.