View Single Post
11-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Join Date: May 2003
Location: St. Cloud, MN
SCSU beats Tech 5-2
Box score from the Times
St. Cloud State 1 3 1 -- 5
Michigan Tech 0 1 1 -- 2
First period scoring:
1. SCSU -- Ryan Lasch 6 (Garrett Roe, Garrett Raboin) 14:20 (pp). Roe fired a slap shot from the right circle past Lasch, who was standing in front of goalie Rob Nolan. Lasch poked the puck under Nolan, who lost sight of the rebound just behind him.
Penalties: MTU -- Jimmy Kerr (elbowing) 6:13; MTU -- Malcolm Gwilliam (hooking) 12:53; SCSU -- David Carlisle (holding) 15:16; SCSU -- Raboin (elbowing) 17:28; MTU -- Geoff Kinrade (holding) 19:05.
Second period scoring:
2. SCSU -- Andreas Nodl 4 (Roe, Aaron Brocklehurst) 1:02 (pp). Roe passed from the right circle to Nodl, along the goal line to the right of the net. He roofed a wrist shot, catching Nolan going down slightly and putting the puck over his left shoulder.
3. SCSU -- Lasch 7 (Nodl, Roe) 6:53 (pp). Nodl passed from the right of the net, across the front of the crease to Lasch, who half-fanned on his one-time attempt but got enough on the shot for it to slid behind Nolan.
4. MTU -- Peter Rouleau 2 (Kinrade, Gwilliam) 9:59 (pp). Skating 5-on-3, Kinrade passed from the left circle to Rouleau at the right edge of the crease. Rouleau whipped a shot into the upper right corner as goalie Jase Weslosky went down.
5. SCSU -- Michael Olson 2 (Aaron Marvin) 12:37. Marvin skated into the MTU zone and fired a shot from the top of the left circle. The shot was deflected and banked off the skate of a defender into the crease where Olson tapped it in at the right post.
Penalties: MTU -- Jordan Foote (high-sticking) 6:16; SCSU -- Nick Oslund (interference) 7:58; SCSU -- Marvin (high-sticking, contact to the head) 8:58; SCSU -- Tony Mosey (roughing) 15:00; MTU -- Kerr (roughing) 15:00.
Third period scoring:
6. MTU -- Rouleau 3 (Jordan Baker, Tyler Shelast) 7:36. Weslosky made a couple of pad stops on shots from the slot by Kinrade. In the ensuing scramble, Rouleau got the puck at the right edge of the crease and swept in a shot.
7. SCSU -- Brian Volpei 1 (Brent Borgen, Ryan Peckskamp) 14:57. Borgen feathered a shot around the defenseman on a 2-on-1, feeding Volpei, who tapped the puck inside the right post just before the net was dislodged.
Penalties: SCSU -- Mosey (tripping) 16:28; MTU -- Foote (charging, and unsportsmanlike conduct) 18:57.
Shots: SCSU -- 12-8-7--27; MTU -- 4-7-12--23; Goalies: SCSU -- Jase Weslosky (21 saves); MTU -- Rob Nolan (22 saves); Power-play goals, opportunities: SCSU -- 3 for 5; MTU -- 1 for 5; Penalties: SCSU -- 6 for 12 minutes; MTU -- 7 for 14; Referees: Bill Mason and Brad Albers; Assistant referees: Damon Beiring and Ed Moberg; Attendance: 2,890.
View Public Profile
Rabid Husky's albums
Find More Posts by Rabid Husky