View Single Post
Old
11-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
I saw tonight's game and I'll finish what I started on the Sioux thread.

First off, I have to tip my hat to UND, they pretty much dominanted every facet of the game. Lamoureux was very sharp. I thought Connelly was very good and he absolutely robbed Miller of a sure goal getting that paddle down across the goal line, but it was close.

UND really wanted to make a statement tonight and they did. There were relentless in their own zone coverage and were basically in the Badgers' face all night. The Badgers finally got mad enough to fight back, although it's not good when you loose Turris, Smith, Turnbull, Street and Klubertanz...five of your top guys in the last almost three minutes of the game and you're down three goals. I think the fact that Turris willing to go with Jones (I believe it was) was probably the best play he made all night.

After the game ended, I don't know if any of you caught it but Eaves was jawing at Hakstol for a good minute or so. Hakstol had a few not-so-nice comments for Eaves before they both departed. They didn't shake hands either. Oz was basically trying to hold Hakstol away from Eaves. It got pretty heated.

FYI, Badger fans....your next opponent CC just got through sweeping the 'Dogs in the Springs. Bachman posted a shutout and CC won 4-0 tonight.