View Single Post
Old
03-27-2004, 10:41 PM
zzoo

vCash: 500
Disappointed Kovalev

I am so disappointed in Kovalev.
For his first few games, I really lower my expectation towards him, knowing that he just recovered from an injury and he had to adjust to the new system. However, adaptation time is over, and his recent games really disappoint me. And there is no excuse for that poor performance. He hasn't made any impressive plays, played poorly in defense, he can't manage to bring the puck in the offensive zone, he seems so slow; moreover, he has even missed a lot of shots.

So far, Kovalev has just a single empty-net goal, and another assist also on empty-net. Normally, I am not worried if a player doesn't have a successful stats during certain period of time; as long as he has some chances, it's fine. As for Kovalev, not only he hasn't produced, but he can't create anything offensively. During those last 3 losses, I'm not worried about Koivu, Ryder and Ribeiro, because they did create some chances, and they played really well although they don't have too many points. To me, even Bulis and Begin are a much better player than Kovalev.

The only hope now is that he will wake up during playoff.